Medical archive
Front page
The lineage
Mingo's page

Mingo's ruptured bowel
Mingo died of sepsis caused by a ruptured bowel. He had accidentally ingested some wood chips together with his food. The small intestine had ruptured about 25-50 cm from the rectum and the whole adomen and it's organs (except for the liver) were severely affected by the infection from the intestinal content. In the picture one can see the rupture (arrow) and the distended section following the rupture. The dark portions are from where the intestine has been haemorrhaging.

Marie. You may not use any material on this website without permission.